Refer to this link for information about Firearms Licensing Requirements / Fees
Print the Application for New/Renewal of a Firearms Identification Card or License to Carry or pick one up at the station.
Bring the completed application to the Wareham Police Department. Please submit application fee along with the application. Please sign up for your appointment in the lobby of Wareham Police. Payment schedule is as follows $100.00 for Class A, B & C licenses and $25.00 for Class D licenses. The fee for Class D licenses is a one time fee.
WAREHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT
FIREARMS LICENSING INSTRUCTIONS
New Class A License to Carry Firearms – (must be 21 years of age)
- Approved LTC basic firearms safety course by a certified Massachusetts Firearms Safety Instructor (Mass State Police or Hunter Safety Certification) submit with Firearms application to WPD with application fee.
Renewal Class A License to Carry Firearms –
· Complete Firearms application and submit to WPD with application fee.
New Firearms Identification Cards (FID) (must be 18 years of age)
- Approved firearms basic safety course by Massachusetts Firearms Safety Instructor (Mass State Police or Hunter Safety Certificate) submit with Firearms application to WPD with application fee.
Renewal Firearms Identification Cards (FID) (must be 18 years of age)
- Complete Firearms application and submit to WPD with application fee.
New/Renewal Firearms Identification Card for Mace & Pepper Spray
- Application/License required for persons only under 18 years of age
New/Renewal Class A and FID Licenses $100.00
Mace/Pepper Spray New (required under age of 18) $ 25.00 (no renewal fee)
Renewal/New applications age 70 + NO FEE
Cash and checks are the only accepted forms of payment. All checks are made payable to the “Town of Wareham” All application fees are non-refundable and due when application is submitted.
ALL RENEWAL APPLICANTS SHOULD DROP OFF THEIR RENEWAL APPLICATION WITH THEIR PAYMENT TO THE RECORDS DEPARTMENT. NO APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED. WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN YOUR LICENSE COMES IN. THIS WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 3 TO 4 MONTHS.
ALL NEW APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO MEET WITH THE LICENSING OFFICIAL. DROP OFF APPLICATION DURING RECORDS DEPT BUSINESS HOURS AND WE WILL SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOU.