WAREHAM PD OFFICERS ARREST 5 OUI OPERATORS DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
- On Friday, May 27th at approx. 9:30 pm, 22 year old Clinton Dagostino Jr. of Middleboro MA was arrested for OUI when his vehicle veered off Glen Charlie Road at the “S Curve” and rolled onto its side. Mr. Dagostino, who was alone in the vehicle at the time of the incident, was transported to Tobey Hospital with apparent minor injuries. Investigating Officer Charles Pillsbury charged Mr. Dagostino with OUI and Operating to Endanger.
- On Friday, May 27th at approx. 10:30 pm, 26 year old Stephanie Mickiewicz of Lafayette Ave. Bourne, MA was arrested for OUI when Sgt. Peter Flannery noticed her vehicle swerve, strike the sidewalk and narrowly miss a telephone pole in the area between Burger King and Big Joe’s Car Wash on Rte. 6&28, flattening two tires in the process. Investigating Officer Nate Aronson charged Ms. Mickiewicz with OUI, Negligent Operation, and Marked Lanes Violations.
- On Sunday, May 29th at approx. 12:40 am, 24 year old Tyler Nichols of Framingham, MA was arrested for OUI when Officer Eric Machado noticed erratic operation of his motor vehicle on Sandwich Rd., as Mr. Nichols’s vehicle swerved and drifted between lanes, then struck curbing. Investigating Officer Eric Machado charged Mr. Nichols with OUI, Negligent Operation, and Marked Lanes Violation.
- On Sunday, May 29th at approx. 10:00 pm, 49 year old Thomas Traggis of East Wareham, MA was arrested for OUI when he was involved in a motor vehicle accident involving a motorcycle on Rte. 28 southbound in the area of Vaughn’s Towing. The 24 year old motorcycle operator, who will not be identified at this time, was transported to Rhode Island Hospital, where he remains in critical condition with several serious injuries. Mr. Traggis was not injured during the incident, and was the sole occupant of his vehicle. The incident is being investigated by the Mass. State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit and the Wareham PD. Mr. Traggis has been charged with OUI Causing Serious Injury, Negligent Operation, and Marked Lanes Violation.
- On Monday, May 30th at approx. 4:30 PM, 34 year old David Botelho of New Bedford, MA was arrested for OUI after sideswiping another vehicle traveling on Glen Charlie Rd. and fleeing the scene. Mr. Botelho’s vehicle was located and stopped by Officer Nate Aronson as it attempted to travel onto Rte. 195 West from Rte. 25. Mr. Botelho has been charged with OUI, Operating to Endanger, and Leaving the Scene of Property Damage.
The five arrested individuals will be arraigned at Wareham 4th District Court on Tuesday, 31, 2016.